Top 10 cyber resolutions for 2019
We've put together a few of our top cyber-related resolutions for the year ahead. Check them out and here's to a wonderful (and secure!) 2019.
1. I will change all default passwords on my personal and work devices.
2. I will regularly check for updates to the operating systems of my laptop, computer and mobile phone.
3. I will install strong anti-virus software and keep it updated.
4. I will think twice before clicking on unknown links or attachments in emails.
5. I will authorize payments to new transfer partners via telephone to minimize risk of fraud.
6. I will not share sensitive information on social media that could be used against me in phishing attacks.
7. I will back up my entire system at least once a week on an external hard drive.
8. I will encrypt my mobile phone and all of my other devices.
9. I will talk to my kids (or parents) about how to stay safe online.